The eBusiness-Lotse Ruhr was a regional node of the funding initiative eKompetenz-Netzwerk für Unternehmen (e-competence network for enterprises) as part of the funding priority Mittelstand-Digital - IKT-Anwendungen in der Wirtschaft. This project wasfunded by the former Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology (BMWi).
The aim of the funding initiative was to provide nationwide support with regard to the use of modern information and communication technologies by so-called eBusiness-Lotsen. The eBusiness-Lotse Ruhr specifically addresses companies from the Ruhr region.
- The eBusiness-Lotse Ruhr offered a thematically wide-ranging, manufacturer-independent, and cost-neutral information service consisting ofpublic information events
- individual assistance
- trade fair appearances
The main topics of the eBusiness-Lotse Ruhr were:
- marketing, social media
- mobile working
- process management, ERP
- information on other current e-business topics was offered on an ongoing basis.
Regional partners in the project
- Chamber of Commerce and Industry for Essen, Mülheim on the Ruhr, Oberhausen in EssenLower Rhine Chamber of Commerce and Industry Duisburg - Wesel - Kleve in Duisburg
- Southwestfalia Chamber of Commerce and Industry at Hagen
- GS1 Germany GmbH
- Siemens AG
- FTK Research Institute for Telecommunications and Cooperation (Coordination)
The head office of the eBusiness-Lotse Ruhr was located at the FTK - Research Institute for Telecommunications and Cooperation in Dortmund.